The Last Elementalist
Defend yourself from the waves of on coming enemies using your elemental powers.
Controls: Click or press where you want to cast a spell.
- Player Experience Goals: The goal of this game is to have the player strategize to balance limited resources, limited attack count, with the impending threat of losing the game if they do not attack.
- Genre: This game is a action game that involves waves of enemies coming towards the player.
- Game play: During the course of this game enemies
will come from the right side of the screen towards you. If they
reach the tower you stand on you will die (lose the game). In
order to defend yourself cast elemental spells towards the enemies.
Hit the a enemy with your spell and you kill him.
This game can be played exclusively with a pointing device, mouse or touch screen. Click or press on the world to cast a spell towards that point. Spells start in the sky and move towards the point pressed.
Future updates will expand upon the available spells adding a upgrade system. True waves of enemies are also planned to be added, replacing the quacking spawn mechanic.
- Prototype goal: The main mechanic of this game is an increasing difficulty with each kill. Every kill causes enemies to spawn faster and consequently drain your spells faster leaving you vulnerable.
- Features: The increasing difficulty as an effect of the number of enemies killed is a unique feature of this game. That paired with the limited number of spell and the random spell spawn point makes for a fun and intensive game.
- Setting/Premise: You are the last elemental sorcerer, a breed of sorcerers who can control the four elements. You kind has been wiped out by the federation army, a group of mortal nations banded together to wipe magic kind from the face of Hosthus. Defend yourself against the waves of oncoming enemies and try to wound the federation as much as possible.
- Story: Being the last elemental sorcerer you have
seen your whole kind wiped from the face of Hosthus. Now, when
your time is upon you, you choose to stand against all odds and
face the oncoming storm. Fight for your people, fight for all
These men killed your friends and family it is time for some payback.
- Target Audience: This game targets fans of action games as well as fantasy and elemental magic. Fun and quick, this game is great for anyone who wants to blow of some steam and blow up some enemies.
- Play time: The play time of this game varies depending on the proficiency of the player. If the player is well trained he/she could last many waves (~1min each).
- Strategies: The player needs to be mindful of the number of spells he has at any time. Spells will regenerate every two seconds, but if the player runs out they will be defenceless. The player also needs to compensate for the enemies' velocities when aiming and consider that the spell spawn is random.
- Prototype Assets:
The majority of the assets used, including the tileset, sound effects, and spell sprites, are self-created.
Other assets used are:
- Prototype Closest Other Game: This game draws heavily from the wave action genre of games. The original idea was inspired by and uses some mechanics of the Game Mechanic Explorer: Lightning (You are Zeus)