High Sea Cannons
Defend your shore from waves of on coming enemy ships.
Controls: Use the mouse or touch screen to place ships and defend the shore from oncoming attackers.
- Themes: Indirect control + a lot of randomness + strategy + competitor
- Player Experience Goals: The goal of this game is to create a sense of distress in the player as they desperately fight to defend their shores.
- Genre: This game is a strategy tower defence game that incorporates elements from the naval combat theme.
- Game play: Use the mouse to click and place defence ships anywhere in the water. Each ship cost 100 gold to build and you can get gold by defeating attacking ships. When done with placement press the start button to begin the attack. If three ships reach your shores you loose. Ships spawn randomly at the top of the screen and take a random amount of damage from each shot.
- Prototype goal: The goal of this prototype is to explore indirect control and the uses of player placed defences. The player places their defences, but they have no direct control over how and when the ships fire. This creates some conflict as the player has to build in order to win.
- Features: This prototype allows for the free placement of defences in any arrangement the player chooses.
- Setting/Premise: This game is set on the coast of a kingdom and it is the players job to protect the kingdom from on coming enemies.
- Story: You are the admiral of a fleet of ships tasked with protecting the shores from waves of on coming enemies. The dramatic tension comes from the conflict of trying to protect the land.
- Target Audience: The target audience is fans of real time strategy games and the tower defence genre.
- Play time: The gameplay of this prototype is quick and easy with most games lasting in the single minutes.
- Strategies: It will be important for the player to spread out their ships so they have no weak spots. As the game progresses it becomes more easy, so the level of attention in the beginning needs to be high.
- Prototype Assets:
- Prototype Closest Other Game: This game is and original prototype inspired by games from the tower defence genre.